Sunday, October 26, 2008

Stampin' fun


I recently became a demonstrator for Stampin' Up! (r). It's a home party plan that sells rubber stamps, paper, and all the wonderful embellishments that go with it. My original plan was to just buy the ink and stamps to use in quilting, which is my major creative outlet these days. But i've made my own cards for years, so i easily got hooked on rubber stamping my cards. And you can't buy just one stamp set...you also need assorted papers, inks, and on and on. It's addictive!


Yesterday (Saturday) i went to the home of my upline for a "WOW Christmas Cards Class" (admittedly a strange way for a nice Jewish girl to spend Shabbat...). I went with my friend April and there were 10 other women there. We made 2 each of 5 different cards in 5 hours...some of them were fairly labor intensive. All were lovely. The one pictured here uses the new BigShot to cut the snowflakes from paper or card stock. (These cards all had a lot of bling...i actually forgot to put a line of glitter along the edges of the Navy card stock but it's still got a lot of sparkle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment