1. The flowering plum trees in the landscaped traffic island over by the Mandarin Oriental hotel are all showing wonderful pink color in their buds.
2. The magnolia soulangeana in the Smithsonian's Enid Haupt garden are foolishly opening their blossoms.
3. The forsythia planted against the sound barrier along Interstate 66 are starting to bloom.
4. The big clumps of early daffodils planted in the same place are blooming.
5. The buds on the maple trees are turning red and swelling, so that the stark winter tree silhouettes are softening.
6. People are starting to talk about the Cherry Blossom festival and the city is full of tourist buses and tourists.
6. A chance of snow is forecast for tonight....