Sunday, May 31, 2009

A few recent cards (and a couple of kitty pics)

Judy http://judyhartman.blogspot.com/ asked to see some of my stamping/paper creations, so here are a few cards i made this past week.

First up is a thank you card for my friend Violette, who very generously gave my friend Jane and me a pair of tickets to see Turandot at the Kennedy Center last Thursday when it turned out that she and her husband wouldn't be able to use them. It's been ages since i've been to the opera. It's not my favorite musical art form, but Puccini's music for Turandot is fantastic (no matter how discomfiting the story line is) and the staging was amazing, borrowing from Kabuki theatre and Chinese opera. It was a really nice night out! Before the show, Jane and i bought salads at the Terrace Cafe and enjoyed dinner outside on the Terrace in the mild Spring evening air with a fine view of the city, the river, and the planes heading in to National airport.

I "borrowed" the layout for this card from Robin, my Stampin' Up! manager, changing the color combination (had to use violet or something close to it for Violette *g*) and finishing it off with a big silver-colored brad. (Stampers "borrow" each other's layouts all the time...they call it "CASEing"..."Copy And Share Everything.")

Next is a birthday card for Robin herself...she's actually a "dog person" but i thought she'd enjoy the kitty on this since it's practically become my trademark.

Monday was also my friend Jenny's birthday, another "dog person." I used a layout very similar to the one i used on Robin's card, except that i used a cute foam dog that represents Jenny's yellow-ish rescue dog who's probably Australian shepherd.

As promised, a couple of kitty pictures from this week after the weather started to warm up again. First is Sylvie snoozing on a box next to the fridge. She seems to think that since her head is tucked in, no one (especially Gingy) can see her there.
And then there's Louie on the boogie mat in front of the fridge...this is a warm weather snoozing position...still close to that hot air from under the fridge, but much less curled up!


7 comments:

  1. We play wiv our boogie mats EVERY day. We just love haffing one each! It's good tosee you enjoying yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip to the opera! I've been lucky enough to go to a few of the daytime dress rehearsals at the Met. I'm not a huge opera fan either, but, oh...the costumes and staging...amazing!

    And your cards are so full of spring color and energy. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great kitty photos!

    I have never been to the opera (unless Les Miserables counts, and I think that's debatable!), but that sounds like a fantastic evening - especially the dinner on the terrace. And the cards are beautiful - I really like that pink cat card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so surprised to see the link to my blog! Yes, I'm thrilled to see your hand crafted cards! What a treat for your friends to get them!!
    It's really so much more personal to make cards. You've inspired me to try to do more myself!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. We like the snoozing positions. Makes a lot of sense to us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.
    Your cards are so beautiful too,what don't you do and show more?
    A big hug to all the kitties from me and Newton de la Magie d'Orient (a siamèse cat I heritated when his owners died)
    Katou

    ReplyDelete