Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another Saturday Sketch Card Challenge

Gosh, it's been a long time since i posted last! I've been working on a "tastes of summer" post and keep adding things to it...think i just need to post it and get it done! Also need to put up some recent kitty pics for fans of "the guys."

In the meantime, there's another Saturday Sketch challenge from the folks at Stamping 411. I missed the deadline for the one last week. Here's this week's sketch:


I needed two cards this week: a birthday card for my friend Effie (whose birthday was actually on the 20th) and a thank you card for the generous friends who hosted the congregation's summer party at their house this past weekend. The sketch was a perfect jumping off point!





Both cards use my favorite "Here Kitty, Kitty" stamp set and variations on the same colorway, including the new Mambo Mango, old Kiwi Kiss, Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, and i think that's Raspberry Fizz design series paper.


I also made a couple of other cards. My brother-in-law is retiring from the government this week...he just turned 55 and i think he's worked for them for 30+ years. The red white and blue seemed appropriate. I used a similar color scheme for the son of friends of mine who graduated from high school and is heading off to college. When i last saw him, he was about two years old, so it's stunning to me how time has flown!

2 comments: