Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote!

Today's Election Day here in the U.S. It seems like the run up to the election has been going on for years and years, and now today is finally the day. I hope the election is actually decided today, not a long protracted process with the dubious results we had in 2004. I'm usually about the sixth person who shows up to vote at my local polling place when it opens at 6 a.m. This year, i got there at 6 a.m. and had trouble finding a place to park, then joined a line of more than 100 people, some of whom had been there since before 5:30. It took me half an hour to get in to cast my vote. I was #53 in the line of persons with last names P-Z...assuming an equal distribution amongst the lines, that would mean about 150 people had already voted by 6:30 a.m.! Of course i hope my candidate wins, but i was cheered to see so many people turn out to enthusiastically take part in our democracy, no matter who they voted for.

No comments:

Post a Comment